Thursday, February 11, 2010

Stamping and Tortilla Soup

On Tuesday night, I attended my upline's monthly demonstrator meeting. She gives away really awesome stuff and there are also some incentives for monthly sales. There have been several months that I placed in the top 3 or so - shock! We always make three projects - a card, a 3-D object, and a technique card. This month, we made a little box from the milk box die using the Big Shot machine. I changed mine up a little - I used multiple butterflies rather than a single one and I did not use the going gray taffeta ribbon (gorgeous!).

One of the aides at our school sent an email to the entire middle school offering to make tortilla soup for everyone for lunch today. She is an excellent cook and no one turned the offer down! She even made homemade tortilla chips for everyone. A few people made cornbread, sides, or desserts. I made a cherry cream cheese pie. I wanted to give her something, but I didn't have time to make a new creation. So I gave her the box and she loved it. I filled it with Valentine M&Ms and she thought it was the cutest thing ever! I'm so glad Stampin' Up! makes gifts so easy!

Supplies:
Big Shot
Milk carton die
Basic Black cardstock
Going Gray cardstock
Going Gray stampin' pad
Vintage Labels (FREE Sale-a-Bration set with a $50 order)
Butterfly Sizzlet (cuts and embosses all at once!)
Glue dots
SNAIL adhesive
Stampin' Dimensionals
Stampin' Up! Library Clips

No comments: