Monday, February 8, 2010

Jumping on the Fabric Wagon

I knew that I love my Big Shot. Isn't it great? Look at how much you can do with it. But honestly, you know what? I've only cut a fraction of the items that you can cut. It's almost embarrassing how little I've stepped outside the Big Shot box.

However, with all the abundant cuteness out there, I had to make a trip to the fabric store and get some super cute fabrics. Ok, I admit it. I went a little overboard. Let's just say that there was a loooonnng line behind me at the cutting table (um, I think I counted over a dozen) as I handed them a few bolts of material (well, I came home with sixteen different fabrics).

So, I rushed home and I was so excited about rolling out (It's a pun - get it?!) a quick flower pin. I was aghast to discover that I didn't own the flower folds die. AAGGGHHHH! I had to remedy that right away and had the order expedited. Finally, I had the fabric, the die, and a few minutes (I got up at 4:15 before work one day) and this is what I created...

It looks much better now. The fabric has worn a little and looks soft and loved. It's slightly frayed on the edges and matches so many things! I thought that it wouldn't go with many outfits, but it actually matches most of what is in my closet (and my mother's closet too!).

Supplies:
Variety of fabrics
Big Shot
Flower folds die
Hot glue gun
Stampin' Up designer button
Hot glue gun & glue sticks
Pin mechanism (bought at the fabric store and sewn on a piece of coordinating felt used as the backing for the flower)

No comments: