Monday, November 17, 2008

Late night scrapping

Last night Momma and I stayed up to scrapbook. I was commissioned to "design" her two cards. How do you design something without making it? Basically, she wanted me to make those to cards for her. Durn. Nonetheless, we had a really good time. We stayed up until 2 a.m. Yikes! That's for people who don't have to go to work in the morning! I had a terrible time trying to get up.

I found one card we made a couple of months ago at the September Stamp a Stack. It has been one of my favorites since then. The set is a Hostess level 1 called Organic Grace. The sentiment comes from Much Appreciated. Paper: close to cocoa, really rust, mellow moss, very vanilla; Inks: close to cocoa, really rust, mellow moss; Acessories: dimensionals, twill tape. It is SUO.
The next card was one we made some time ago. I believe the stamp set is All Holidays. The only addition I made to it was to add the metal tag. The sentiment is from the Mini Mates set. Paper: chocolate chip, mellow moss, unknown SU DSP (retired); inks: chocolate chip, closet to cocoa, mellow moss; accessories: chocolate chip ribbon, river rock ribbon, round metal tag, brad. It is also SUO.

In the middle of all this, I made two scrapbook pages. The first is reminiscing about Box-a-saurus (see earlier post in November for more details). I thought the layout was a perfect way to showcase the progression of the project throughout the night.
The final dps was a the fall festival at the FBC South Campus. Each year my aunt and cousin ask to take the girls. It's a lot of fun (as evidenced by Beaver's huge grin) with bouncy houses, dozens of booths, a hayride, campfire, and literally tons of candy. It's always a highlight of the girls' year.


2 comments:

Michele Kovack said...

Great cards and LO's!

nic_d said...

I love the brown and blue card; these colors are my favorites!