Here's the background: My mother's (since they were 4) best friend's husband has Wegener's disease. She is like a second grandmother to my girls. She takes care of them, attends school events, and is always there for them. He has been in remission for several years. His symptoms returned a few weeks ago and he is back in a full fledged episode. Chemo and steroids are not working like they used to or are supposed to. His kidney function is currently at 13%. He is being admitted to a local hospital this morning (right now). I've added him to the SCS RAK group and he did get several cards from those wonderful angels. Each time he received one, he made a point to call me and tell me how wonderful all of these people were to send him their beautiful cards. He truly appreciates your notes of encouragement and your prayers. Thank you so much. Just let them know you are friends of mine!
Here's the deal:
- Please send him a card. His name is Roddey Hogan. His address is 3306 Shenendoah Drive; Tyler, Texas 75701.
- Post a comment on my blog that you sent a card.
- Put in the card that you are friends of mine.
- Please pass this along to others who would be willing to keep Roddey and Denise in their prayers.
- I will use random.org to select a winner on Friday, December 12 (when I get home from work).
- I will post the winner, you can email (or PM through SCS) me your address and I will mail you a candy surprise.
Thank you so much!