Saturday, April 24, 2010

Week in Review - April 24

It has been another wild week around here.

Monday night was the Night of Pops and Praise for my orchestra. We've been working hard on that music for the past couple of months. It went very well - it's always a fun night. We play, there is a small vocal group that sings, and the World Famous Apache Belles dance a few numbers. This year we did a Broadway theme with My Fair Lady, Irving Berlin, Magnificent Seven, Lord of the Dance (this one was a beast to play!), and several others. Lots of fun!

Eva Grace had her dress rehearsal on Tuesday for a dance recital. The theme of the show was "When I Grow Up..." and her class was "... I may be a Cowgirl". It was very cute.

On Thursday I defended my dissertation. After you make your presentation (about an hour long), they question you (about 30-40 minutes in my case), and then they send you out of the room while they deliberate. It's a nerve-wracking, nail-biting 10 minute wait but it's an AMAZING feeling when your chair comes out and says, "Congratulations, Dr. Carnes!" Then you walk back in the room to your other committee members standing to shake your hand and congratulate you. I still have edits to complete before it's published, but it's awesome!

I had a card class on Thursday night (scheduled when I thought the defense deadline was April 16) and made some pretty cards I'll be showing you over the next week.

On Friday, by very good friend defended her dissertation. I couldn't miss that! I made her an absolutely amazing card (well, I thought so!) and gave it to her without taking a picture of it. I'm trying to get a picture so you can see it. It was definitely a WOW card! After her defense we had a wonderful leisurely lunch to celebrate our successes. Then we went back to campus to run a few errands. I bought my graduation regalia. I finally have a velvet robe and a tam! It makes me want to jump with glee!

This morning was EG's dance recital. Very cute! This afternoon, I had a Simply Adorned class where participants received the chain and the 1x1 1/4" char and made 5 inserts for it. I think they turned out well!

Look for posts of cards beginning on Monday. Also, we are getting very close to the new Summer Mini Catalog which means a Stampin' Addicts blog hop! I absolutely LOVE the set I'm featuring. I can't wait to show you!

No comments: