Friday, March 26, 2010

Still Here

You can still count me among the living. It's been a crazy week. Basically, I have to have the full version of my dissertation to my chair on Sunday night, the final version to my committee by next Wednesday, and then defend it by April 16 in order to graduate in May. I'm trying. I'm not so sure about it working right now. I've added three chapters. I still have two chapters to write. Fortunately, one is pretty short (maybe 12-15 pages?). I designed some recipe cards for my mother for a swap she signed up for, so I even have some crafty stuff to show! I honestly haven't had time to take pictures or upload them in the past week.

I leave for work around 6:30, drop both girls off with brother and sister-in-law (it is a HUGE help for them to take the girls to school for me), work all day, then head to a local university library (not the one where I'm getting my degree - this one is 20 minutes from my house rather than 75 minutes) where I write for 4-5 hours. I've been getting home between 9 and 10. I've been spending weekends (7-8 hours a day) there too. Hopefully it will all be finished soon. I have so many plans for what I want to do after I graduate. Peace and blessings to you.

1 comment:

Krystal De Leeuw said...

Wow Heather! You have a lot on your plate! I'm glad you posted. I've been wondering where you've been. Hope everything goes well for you!!