Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Top Note Dresser

I saw one of these top note dressers on someone's blog (I'm so sorry, but I can't remember where I first saw this) and have since seen them on several other blogs. When I planned my Big Shot class for last week, I knew that I would have to reproduce that dresser as a sample. Isn't it just precious?

I used the stiff backing from packages of DSP to make the core of the top and bottom. I then covered that piece with DSP on both sides. I think it's very important to use the correct adhesive on this layering. I used the Tombow and it worked beautifully. I was able to get close to the edge and hold is tight. Nothing short of a tornado (or my three year old!) is separating those layers! As a reminder, with Tombow, a little dab'll do you!

Everything else was easy as pie! I didn't have a template, but the project is self-explanatory and just takes a few cuts. I didn't do a lot of embellishment because I fell in love with the simplicity of the paper. It's one of my favorite patterns and the color is fabulous!

Supplies I used to make this project:
Big Shot die cutting machine (#113439, $99.95)
Top note die (#113463, $21.95)
Tombow multi purpose adhesive (#110755, $3.95)
Sticky strip (#104294, $6.95)
Matchbox die (#114890, $42.95)
Pewter jumbo eyelets (#108432, $9.95)
Elementary Ribbon Originals (#116231, $9.95)
Bella Bleu Designer Series Paper (#113974, $9.95)
Very vanilla cardstock (#101650, $7.50)

3 comments:

Krystal De Leeuw said...

This is fabulous! Love teh DSP you chose. Makes your little dresser so elegant. More like a jewelry box than a dresser. You've inspired me to make one of these myself.

Yapha said...

That is stunning! Great idea about using the cardboard from DSP packs!

Cindy said...

This is really stunning. Hmmm, I wonder if my ladies would be interested in doing this as a class!