Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Mail Call at Kids Camp

My baby is growing up. (Sniff, sniff.) Each year our church holds a camp during spring break for 3-5 graders. They are gone four days and three nights. During the second grade year there is a preview opportunity where the kids are able to go for one night. Eliza is a second grader this year and was very excited to have her turn for camp. I would normally sign myself up to go as a sponsor, but I've never had the luxury of having the same spring break as the rest of my family. So ... off I sent my baby to her first overnight camp. I was a little teary and she was completely stoked. One of the ladies in the orchestra with me was a sponsor, so I had an insider who would take extra good care of her. She told me that Eliza had the best time and never held back - she did everything! I'm so glad she was able to go and had an amazing time. It made it easier on me.

One of the things that parents could do was send mail that would be delivered each day after lunch. I got up super early last Friday morning to make this card for Eliza. In honor of my little girl going off to camp, I even decorated the inside - something I rarely do. It came together very quickly and had only a little stamping. I was happiest with the ribbon rouching. I had a couple of "leftover" sketches on my desk and grabbed one to make this card. I believe this is Mojo Monday sketch #120.

Supplies I used for this card:
Big Shot die cutting machine (#113439, $99.95)
Perfect polka dots embossing folder (#117335, $7.95)
Scallop trim border punch (#118402, FREE during Sale-a-Bration with $50 order)
Chocolate chip cardstock (#102128, $5.50)
Pretty in pink cardstock (#100459, $5.50)
Very vanilla cardstock (#101650, $7.50)
Sending Love Specialty Designer Series Paper (#117153, $11.95)
Corner rounder punch (#109047, $6.95)
Sticky strip (#104294, $6.95)
Regal Rose 5/8" grosgrain ribbon (#109056, $7.95)
Sweet Pea stitched felt (#117266, $7.95)
Crazy for Cupcakes stamp set (#111618, $23.95)
Chocolate chip stampin' pad (#100908, $5.95)

3 comments:

Yapha said...

What a fabulous card! Glad she had such a good time, too!

Krystal De Leeuw said...

Adorable!!! Love your ribbon treatment. And no sewing? I need to find out how to do that! Sending your kids off to camp for the first time is always hardest on the parents! :)

Cindy said...

Please share the ribbon tip! That's so beautiful!!!