Sunday, August 15, 2010

Blast from the Past!

Ok. Yeah. It's me. I'm the blast from your past. I've not posted in so long I'm ashamed to post again. Quick recap of the summer.

June:* I finished up the school year, orchestrated eighth grade promotion, and got through our "flex week" (individualized instruction for students who need extra help to pass state level tests).
* Spent some time traveling and attending conferences and professional development.
* Went to Austin with my mother and the girls and had a blast! See the pictures for proof!

* I had a card class and a scrapbook class at the end of the month! You'll see pictures of those creations soon.

July:
* Early in the month I accepted an administrative job at a local school district. I flew high on a cloud for much of the remainder of the month.* We didn't take a vacation this year. We had planned to go to the Stampin' Up convention in Utah on vacation and circle through New Mexico, Arizona, and Colorado on the trip. I kept putting of the registration even though I wanted to go so badly.
* I planned to "downsize" our vacation and make a trip through Texas instead with our main stop in San Antonio. I found awesome hotel rates on the Riverwalk but kept putting of the reservations.* Thankfully, we didn't go on vacation at all because I would have lost all of the money on non-refundable hotel reservations! I ended up going on contract the third week of July.

August:* I've been working every day. I really enjoy my new job - I'm there to provide instructional support to the teachers and help them become better teachers. I've met so many helpful and nice people. I think it's going to be a great year!
* On another note, the job is a little different than how it was portrayed when I accepted the position. I'm going to be super busy. Last year there was a person who did half of my job, half of another job, and had FOUR aides to help her complete my half of the job. I don't have any help. Agh!
* That being said, I'm really looking forward to the year. I think it's going to be great!
I've been cleaning the stamping room this weekend and I came across a couple of cards I thought were very fitting - a blast from the past! Both use retired supplies and show things I created pre-SU demo.
The first card is an acetate card I created and produced (well, seven of them) in about 15 minutes. The outside image is embossed. I layered the real red piece on the inside of the top flap and the very vanilla piece on the outside of the top flap. It allowed me to use regular SNAIL and not worry about the adhesive showing. I also layered a mirror piece of real red on the back side of the card and a matching vanilla piece on the "normal" inside flap.

The second card uses Holy the Triptych stamp set. I bought this immediately when it first came out and envisioned a trifold Christmas card. This was a "quick" card I made just to try out the set. I stamped the Holy Family image and watercolored it using blender pens and an aquapainter. Then I stamped the filigree frame over the image in Versamark and embossed in black.

Enjoy and check back this week. I'm posting more projects from the past (some not so distant!).

No comments: