Sunday, September 13, 2009

Sunday night stamping

I went downstairs tonight to make some of the cards for my Bring-a-Friend stamping night this week. I ended up making one card that will work and one that won't.

This card will be one we make at the class later in the week. It uses two of the new in-colors (dusty durango and crushed curry) as well as chocolate chip and old olive. The stamp set is Trendy Trees. I also used the scallop punch, the stampamajig, and chocolate chip grosgrain ribbon. The technique I applied to this card is masking so that the trees would not blend together.

This card just sort of happened. I was looking through all of my stamp sets and pulled this one out. The colors had been ringing through my mind and I wanted a card that made me feel late-summery. This is a retired hostess set - one that I always loved but never used very much - called Garden Silhouettes. The colors are certainly celery, mambo mango, chocolate chip, and whisper white. I stamped in chocolate chip, then again in mambo mango. I cut out the mambo mango flowers, covered them in dazzling diamonds (with the help of a 2-way glue pen), and popped them up with dimensionals. I added a little scrap of chocolate chip ribbon. It made a very simple and clean card.

I'll post more cards as the week goes on. Hopefully more for my class so I can get those finished and ready!

No comments: