Monday, September 7, 2009

I have a card party coming up!

Happy Labor Day! I hope you've had a nice and relaxing day. We've had a good day with family. We made slaw burgers, home-baked beans, and homemade custard ice cream. It was all so yummy! I'll post the recipe below.

I will be hosting a Bring-a-Friend Stampin' Night at my house on Thursday, September 17. I've altered the format a bit. Rather than making 12 cards (2 each of 6 designs), we will make 6 cards (2 each of 3 designs). This will allow us to get off work, stamp a few fun cards, and get home early enough to relax! The cost is $9. If you place a $20 order, your class is free. If you can't place an order or don't need anything right now, just make sure you come for the class! Your friends will love getting your creations in the mail! Call me or e-mail me to RSVP.

Vanilla Custard (I quadruple this recipe to fill a 5 qt ice cream maker)

3 large egg yolks, slightly beaten (12 large egg yolks, slightly beaten)
1/2 cup sugar (2 cups sugar)
1 cup milk (4 cups milk)
1/4 teaspoon salt (4 teaspoons salt)
2 cups heavy whipping cream (8 cups heavy whipping cream)
1 tablespoon vanilla (1/4 cup vanilla)

Mix egg yolks, sugar, milk, whipping cream, and salt. Heat VERY slowly (this took me over an hour to do) until it is almost boiling stirring constantly. Do NOT boil! The mixture will become very thick and will begin to coat your spoon. Pour into a chilled bowl and refrigerate 2-3 hours until the mixture is at room temperature. Stir occasionally. Stir in vanilla. Pour into ice cream freezer and freeze according to manufacturer's directions.

Enjoy!

No comments: