Monday, August 10, 2009

Getting stressed

I am getting more and more stressed. I am scheduled to defend my dissertation prospectus/proposal on Tuesday morning at 10 a.m. A few days ago I thought, Well, I either know it or I don't. I've done a million presentations and this one is no different. But it is. Now I don't know if my powerpoint outline is too much or too little. Did I even put the right points in it? What should I expect?

My mother thinks I should drive down today and spend the night so I can work and rest and relax beforehand. I probably don't need to spend the extra money but the getting away doesn't sound so bad. Especially as stressed as I am now. I don't need to be ugly and I'm afraid I going to get that way later today.

As for post 10 a.m. tomorrow - I plan to reward myself. Some may choose to engage in illegal activity or to get drunk. I plan to hit the scrapbook room and play for quite a few hours. It will be nice to get a few pages done and lose myself in creative ventures rather than technical. After all, I have pictures of an event I'd love to get recorded from last weekend.

1 comment:

bsgstamps4fun: Barb Gault said...

Wishing you well and may God keep you and support you tomorrow!